Did you know that wasps are attracted to security cameras? If you have a camera installed outdoors, there’s a good chance that you will eventually experience a wasp invasion. In this blog post, we will discuss some tips on how to keep wasps away from security cameras. Keep reading for more information!
Summertime is the time of year when wasps are most active. And if you’re like most people, you probably don’t enjoy having wasps around your home or office. Unfortunately, there’s a good chance that you’ll see at least a few wasps buzzing around your security cameras this summer.
Summertime means more time outdoors and more opportunities for wasps to build their nests near your home or business. If you have security cameras, you don’t want wasps around your footage.
How wasps can affect security cameras
Wasps can create a nuisance by flying around the camera. Moreover, the Wasps built a nest near the security cameras. Which seems very irritating and disgusting. Wasps can get into the camera housing and create a blockage that prevents the camera from capturing footage.
You should Keep an eye on your security camera footage regularly and remove any wasp nests that appear. But make sure you remove that with proper precautions. Because wasps sting is very dangerous for us and some people even said that the sting of wasps is more dangerous than the sting of bees.
Also Read: How To Hide Trail Camera From Humans
How to keep wasps away from security cameras
Here are a few tips to keep those pesky wasps away from your security cameras:
1. Use deterrents – There are several deterrents available on the market, both commercial and homemade. A popular commercial deterrent is made by Wasp-X and contains natural ingredients like citronella oil, lemongrass oil, and peppermint oil. For a homemade deterrent, try mixing one teaspoon of dish soap with one cup of water in a spray bottle and spraying it around your camera.
Slice up some cucumber and place it near the camera. The smell will naturally deter wasps from coming near. Garlic is another natural deterrent for wasps. Peel a clove of garlic and place it near the camera. The smell will keep them away.
2. Disable LED Lights – LED Lights are one of the main reason why wasps attracted to security cameras. One way to keep wasps away from your security cameras is to disable the LED lights. This will make it difficult for the wasps to see the camera and they will fly away. If you need light for you work then go for low lighting lights.
3. Cover The Camera Lens – Another way to keep wasps away from your security cameras is to cover the lens with something that will block their view. You can use a piece of tape or even a paper clip to cover the lens. You can even apply lubricant over the Camera. Due to elastic behavior, it makes the surface too slippery for wasps.
4. Install a wasp trap nearby – Wasp traps work by attracting wasps with a sweet substance and then trapping them. You can buy a wasp trap or make your own. To make your own, fill a jar with one part sugar and three parts water. Poke some small holes in the lid of the jar and suspend it from a tree or post near your camera.
5. Use fake nests – Fake nests are another way to deter wasps. They look like real nests but are made of non-toxic materials like cardboard or plastic. You can buy fake nests or make your own. To make your own, take an empty tissue box and cut two thin strips of cardboard about two inches wide and six inches long.
Make small slits in the top of the box and fold the cardboard strips into “V” shapes. Bend the tips of the “V” shapes up and glue them to the inside of the box. Glue a small wad of cotton or batting to the top of the nest. Place the nest near your camera.
6. Use A Bug Spray – If you are having trouble keeping the wasps away from your security cameras, you can try using a bug spray. Be sure to read the directions on the bug spray before using it so that you know how to properly apply it. Just be sure to avoid spraying the camera itself. You can buy sprays from amazon.
before using any spray, it is important to read the instructions carefully and make sure it is safe for use around pets and children. Be sure to avoid contact with the eyes and mouth, and always follow the safety precautions listed on the bottle.
7. Put Camera High – Place the camera in an area that is less likely to attract wasps, such as under an eave or overhang. Wasps Cant able to build nests due to the large height of the security camera. If you have a pet dog or cat, you can also use them to your advantage. Dogs and cats are natural predators of wasps and they will scare away any that come near.
8. Clean your backyard – One of the best ways to keep wasps away from your security cameras is to maintain a clean backyard. Wasp nests are often built in areas that are cluttered and messy, so keeping your yard tidy will help discourage them from nesting nearby.
Make sure to trim back any overgrown vegetation and pick up any loose debris so the area is less inviting to wasps. Trim nearby trees and bushes so that they don’t hang over or touch your security cameras. Wasps will often build their nests in these areas.
9. Plant Anti-wasp Plants – Planting an Anti-wasp plant in your backyard is another way to get rid of wasps. You should plant seeds of Geraniums before the summertime came because Geraniums is a plant known for protection against flying insects. It also protects your house from bees.
10. Use a Fan – Using a fan is also a very profitable method. Fan keep wasp constantly breezing that irritate them enough and they will most likely change their area.
You can also watch the below on youtube to know How To Keep Wasps Away From Security Cameras with 3 easy steps.
I hope now you even know how to keep bees away from security cameras. because it’s the same process to get rid of bees. Why not learn How To Block Neighbors Security Cameras. It’s fun to do and also gives surety of protection from neighbors. Because in some cases neighbors are spying on people.
Why Do You Need to Repel Wasps?
Wasps are just irritating
Wasps are a pain in the neck. They seem to show up out of nowhere and buzz around you, making it difficult for people like me who want nothing more than some peace while they work or study (or both). And if we happen to live near an area where there are nests? Well, then things can get even worse.
Colonies of wasps can grow fast
I mean quickly; within just one month these little insects could produce more offspring than humans do over their entire lifespan… So don’t let yourself get surrounded by them. So you should get rid of wasps before it’s too late.
You can also hire a professional insect doctor, which can solve your problem. you should get rid of the problem as soon as possible because those nasty creatures will come looking for food once again sooner rather than later.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
Why are wasps attracted to security cameras?
The answer to this question is still unknown, but there are several theories. One theory is that the wasps are attracted to the heat or light emitted by the security cameras. Still another theory is that the wasps come for food and flowers.
What to do if you have a wasp infestation
If you have a wasp infestation, the best thing to do is call a professional. They will be able to get rid of the wasps and help you implement preventative measures so that they don’t come back and you should even follow our recommended methods.
In any case, it is always a good idea to take steps to repel wasps and protect your security cameras. If you have an infestation, call a professional doctor right away. And if you’re just looking for ways to keep them away, try some of the tips we shared in this post.
The motive of this article is to help people. So they will secure their security cameras from Wasps and bees. I bet that now you know How To Keep Wasps Away From Security Cameras. Please bookmark our website For More updates. Stay safe and secure!